How to push files from Linux to Windows

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Tue Jun 2 14:25:31 GMT 2009

On 2. juni. 2009, at 15.46, kschwarz at embraer.com.br wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am newbie on rsync.
> I want to push files from a rsync repository on a Linux machine
> (hostname=myserver) to some Windows machines (hostname=mydesktopn,
> where n is a sequence number to identify the Windows PC) to force
> updates of the files into C:\mypath\to\files.
> Is there any way to do that? Or is it impossible and I need to
> content pulling the files instead of pushing them.

This would probably be easier to do with a pull. Install cygwin with
rsync and ssh, script up whatever you want, and add it to windows'
"scheduled tasks". Out of curiosity, why do you do this instead of
just sharing mypath on Samba?

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685 / 98013356
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres
intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å