Files with / in their name....

Mac User FR macuserfr at free.fr
Fri Jul 24 00:48:32 MDT 2009

If the sender OS is OS X, I would guess you are using an rsync patch
that is not fully compliant with the colon to slash conversion.
The patch I did to let rsync copy the resource forks on OS X prior to
Tiger had this problem, that is corrected on the last version.

Completing what Greg wrote: Mac OS standard API and HFS filesystem use
":" to delimitate folders, while POSIX API uses "/". So when you are
dealing with both APIs (case of my patch) you must convert things
manually.

But if you have no particular patch or patchs that are compliant,
rsync should deal well with those special characters.

Please fully describe your installation, so we can guess what's wrong
with it.

Regards,

Vitorio