Include and Exclude

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Fri Dec 25 11:15:20 MST 2009

On Dec 24, 2009, at 10:32, Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> wrote:
> For instance, assuming
> that the Maildir is in the root of the transfer, this is better:
>
>    --include=/Maildir/ --exclude=/*

Well, it's not at the top level as I said. The Maildirs are in /usr/
home/*/Maildir/ and I want to sync them all and their contents without
syncing anything else. The rsync is anchored at /

No combination of include/exclude that I've tried, and it seems I've
tried a good dozen or so, has done what I want. Either I get nothing,
or I get files outside of the Maildir folders that are synced.