can not resolve chown issue

Dr. Sascha Herpers herpers at wiso.uni-koeln.de
Wed Aug 19 23:06:34 MDT 2009

Hi,

rsync reports an error with the following text:
set uid of . from 1000 to 544
set gid of . from 513 to 10513
"rsync: chown "<directory>" failed: Invalid argument (22)"

I read some posts and googled for answers, but I wasn't able to resolve
the problem.

Some infos on my machine:
CYGWIN_NT-6.0-WOW64 Olympos 1.5.25(0.156/4/2) 2008-06-12 19:34 i686 Cygwin
Cygwin runs on a Vista Business (64bit) with NTFS-Filesystem.

First I thouhgt, it might be a problem of the windows system. So I set
all the security attributes of all relevant files and directories to
full access. But that didn't help.
I called rsync with strace, but that didn't help me either.

What else could I try?

Regards,
Sascha

    Dr. Sascha Herpers
    Universität zu Köln
    Seminar für Supply Chain Management und Produktion
    Albertus-Magnus-Platz
    50923 Köln

    E-Mail: herpers at wiso.uni-koeln.de
    Tel.:   (0221) 4 70 - 37 40