Moved files

Phil Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Mon Sep 8 21:22:25 GMT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 01:06:11PM -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> I would like to have an implementation that checks each new file against
> the list of existing destination files; I'm not sure whether it would be
> better to generate the list first (as you described) or postpone new

On June 22 I sent a patch to the list which implemented a preliminary
version of a similar feature. It doesn't work by checking the whole list
of new files against the whole list of deleted files (which is O(n*m) no
matter which direction the compare happens) but by maintaining an index
of files on the destination so they can be found even after a rename).

I received no feedback from that message...

-Phil