CPAN mirroring exclude syntax assistance request

David Favor david at davidfavor.com
Sat May 31 15:33:47 GMT 2008

Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Fri 30 May 2008, David Favor wrote:
>>    /usr/bin/rsync -av --delete --exclude '/src/***' --no-implied-dirs \
>>       --delete-excluded --prune-empty-dirs ftp.funet.fi::CPAN /cpan-mirror/
>
> When I try this (with -n added, as I have no interest in downloading all
> of that), I don't see any paths beginning with /src/ being listed. The
> last file listed is "scripts/text-processing/wptoascii".
> What's the problem?
>

> Paul Slootman

Now I'm really confused.

If I use the above command with -anv then all '/src/***' files are excluded.

If I 'rm -rf src' and run the command again without -n then all the files
from src get synced again.

I'm confused when -azn and -az work differently.

Suggestions welcome.

--
Love feeling your best ever, all day, every day?
Click http://RadicalHealth.com/join for the easy way.