Rsync 3.0.0 released

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Sat Mar 1 21:58:04 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 13:29 -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> Yes, it's finally that time -- rsync 3.0.0 has been released.  This is a
> feature release that also includes quite a few bug fixes.
>
> I'd like thank everyone who participated in the development and testing
> of rsync.  I hope that you enjoy this latest version!

Woohoo!  This is an occasion to celebrate, but I'm also keenly aware of
all the bugs and deficiencies that remain in 3.0.0, and I remain
committed to fixing them for future releases.  Wayne, I hope you will be
open to releasing 3.0.1, etc. as additional improvements are made.
(Make no mistake: I think it was the right decision to go ahead and
release 3.0.0.  It's been tested plenty, and now people in production
environments will be more comfortable trying it.  Also, it is just in
time to make Fedora 9 Beta, which is a big deal for me.)

As usual, my RPMS are here:

http://mattmccutchen.net/rsync/#rsync-packages

Matt