rsync and running scripts

becca23 ronumber23 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 21:42:25 GMT 2008

I'm using the rsync protocol to keep a windows and linux system mirrored. I
have set up the rsync and ssh to run properly, but I would like to know if
there is an option, whether in the rsync command or placed in the
rsyncd.conf file where I can call a script that runs each time rsync
executes? The reason i need to do this is to change the groups/permissions
of files when they are transferred over. I could just set this script to run
every minute or so, but I would rather strive for accuracy by just having it
run every time rsync completes a run through.