directory with space

Shashi Kanth Boddula shashi.bsd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 07:13:06 GMT 2008

I am using the bellow version

rsync  version 2.6.9  protocol version 29

My directory looks like bellow

$ls /data/Knowledge\ Center/

I have tried in multiple ways in rsyncd.conf file, bit still i am receiving
@chdir failed error. From the logs, i observed bellow lines

 rsync: chdir "/data/Knowledge Center" failed : No such file or directory
(2)

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Kyle Crawford <kcrwfrd at gmail.com> wrote:

> You probably need to single quote it along with the backslashes.  That is
> what scp requires
>
> Kyle
>

> On Jul 29, 2008, at 1:17 AM, "Shashi Kanth Boddula" <shashi.bsd at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  I am facing one problem with rsync. in /etc/rsyncd.conf file , one of my
>> entry is like bellow.
>>
>> path = /data/Knowledge Centre
>>
>> With this, rsync report an error "chdir failed, no such directory".
>>
>> Even i tried like bellow
>>
>> path = /data/Knowledge\ Centre
>>
>> with this also, it gives the same error ?
>>
>> How to overcome this ? what is the right syntax ?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Shashi Kanth
>>
>> --