IO error encountered -- skipping file deletion

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Sat Jul 26 18:50:52 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-26 at 13:06 -0300, Manuel Kissoyan wrote:
> Im not finding any useful info....this is the only thing that did show:
>
> rsync: link_stat "/etc/domainalias" failed: No such file or directory (2)
> rsync: link_stat "/etc/ips.remotedns" failed: No such file or directory (2)
> rsync: link_stat "/etc/master.passwd" failed: No such file or directory (2)
> rsync: link_stat "/etc/namedb/named.conf" failed: No such file or
> directory (2)
> rsync: link_stat "/usr/local/apache/conf/userdata" failed: No such file
> or directory (2)
> rsync: link_stat "/var/lib/named/chroot/var/named/master" failed: No
> such file or directory (2)
> rsync: link_stat "/var/ssl" failed: No such file or directory (2)
> IO error encountered -- skipping file deletion

The "link_stat" errors do cause rsync to skip deletion, so you'll need
to remedy them.  Are you using a --files-from list that contains
nonexistent files?  If so, remove the files from the list or, if you
want to use the same list on other machines that do have the files, use
filters instead of --files-from.  If that isn't the problem, please
provide your rsync command line and any --files-from or filter files you
are using so I can try to figure out what is going on.

Matt