[rsync-announce] Rsync 3.0.4pre1 released

michael at insulin-pumpers.org michael at insulin-pumpers.org
Fri Jul 25 19:24:08 GMT 2008

Question for you. I just had to revise a bunch of scripts that use
rsync on a system I maintain the uses 2.6.8

Discovered that the -n option had been changed to not work unless -v
is added. This of course adds text to the output so that instead of a
nice clean list of files that would be slated for transfer, one gets
gobbledy gook + files + more gobbledygook.

Has this been repaired in later versions. Our scripts parse the
output of -n and rename files that are updated on the remote host so
there is a continuous history of all updated files.

Michael  (unhappy rsync sysadm)