popt-devel necessary for 3.0.3?

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Fri Jul 25 15:16:10 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 12:06 -0300, Manuel Kissoyan wrote:
> Thanx but is not working, im trying to use your src rpm to rebuild the
> rpm in the server.
> I did install popt but is needing popt-devel:
>
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>         popt-devel is needed by rsync-3.0.3-1.matt.i386
>
> any other way to do this? i dont want install it from source.

Ah, I didn't realize you were hitting the BuildRequire of the RPM.
Instead of directly rebuilding the source RPM, you could install it,
change the "popt-devel" in rsync-matt.spec to "popt" to reflect the way
CentOS organizes the packages, and build with "rpmbuild -bb
PATH/TO/rsync-matt.spec".  Alternatively, you could uninstall the CentOS
popt and instead install the Fedora popt and popt-devel:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386/popt-1.13-4.fc9.i386.rpm
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386/popt-devel-1.13-4.fc9.i386.rpm

Matt