rsync+ZFS snapshot

Madan Kumar madan.kumar at stellarinfo.com
Wed Jul 16 12:34:14 GMT 2008

Hi All,

I am not so expert on rsync. I am using windows XP and Vista.
I am able to take the backup using rsync.(It does not give the incremental)
I need to take incremental also. After some googling (referring the link- http://www.jeffawaddell.com/2008_04_01_archive.html) I found that rsync + ZFS snapshot does the same job. It use rsync to make delta backups to the file server, and automatic ZFS snapshot to keep incrementals.
Please give me some ideas  to use this  in my application... Please provide me some weblinks that can be benificial to use it.

Thanks & Regards
M Chauhan