some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c (1506)

Jeff MacDonald oss at bignose.ca
Fri Jul 11 12:58:21 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to rsync a fairly large chunk of data [around 350 gigs,
mostly 1 gig files] between 2 hosts in separate colo facilities. Link
is plenty fast, I can pull 10 megs easily.

Everytime, it seems to die with something like this, whether I try
rsync from the stable 2 branch or the beta 3 branch

sent 453675 bytes  received 956704928 bytes  404632.68 bytes/sec

total size is 395589020443  speedup is 413.30

rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at
main.c(1506) [generator=3.0.3]

The machine with the data is Solaris 10, the machine I want to sync
the data is CentOS

Any tips on how I can debug this, or what extra Info I can provide?

THanks

Jeff.