Revised flags patch

Anthony Morton amorton at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 24 04:20:30 GMT 2008

>> The resulting patch is now called fileflags.diff (to match the
>> option name):
>>
>> http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/patches/fileflags.diff

It looks like there's a need to modify the crtimes patch
consequentially:

patch -p1 <patches/fileflags.diff
[....]
patch -p1 <patches/crtimes.diff
[....]
patching file log.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 644.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file log.c.rej
[....]
patching file rsync.c
Hunk #2 succeeded at 643 with fuzz 2 (offset 59 lines).
Hunk #3 FAILED at 678.
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file rsync.c.rej
patching file rsync.h
Hunk #2 FAILED at 151.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 169 (offset 1 line).
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file rsync.h.rej
[....]

The osx-create-time patch seems clean though.

Incidentally, I haven't noticed any endian issues when copying from
Intel to PPC using the crtimes patch with 3.0.0pre9: might this be
somehow specific to pre10?  Once there's a fixed crtimes.diff for the
new fileflags patch I'll give this a try.

Tony M.