Rsync 2.6.9 does not skip any files based on modification time

Stefan Malte Schumacher stefanmalte at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 00:38:47 GMT 2008

> How is rsync rejecting it?  "File has vanished"?  If so, see this
> message:
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2008-January/019696.html
>
> Matt

rsync outputs the following :

building file list ... rsync: link_stat "/cygdrive/E/B\#302\#263cher "
failed:
No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(977)
[sender=2.6.9]

It seems that the problem are not only the spaces but the Umlaute in the
filename. I renamed the folder from "Bücher & Comics" to "Bücher", but the
error message stays the same. I have read the link from Matt but the
codepage for non-unicode apps was already set to german. FYI : I am already
using the hacked cygwin1.dll.

Bye
Stefan