Windows 2003 Cygwin Netapp remote filesystem

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Tue Dec 23 19:50:28 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 12:39 -0700, Michael Chletsos wrote:
> Amongst various problems I am having, I am trying to run an rsync
> daemon on a windows 2003 server with cygwin installed.
>
> It works fine, except that I can't seem to get the daemon to chdir to
> any file that is remotely mounted from my Netapp.
>
> Other windows shares or local disks chdir just fine.  very weird.
>
> I think it has something to do with the automapping of shares in cygwin.

I wonder if you are writing the NetApp share path correctly for Cygwin.
Does "ls -l" on the path work in the Cygwin shell?  Does a local rsync
to or from a NetApp-mounted directory work?

You might be able to get more help from the cwRsync forum, even though
you aren't using cwRsync itself, since that community is knowledgeable
about rsync on Cygwin:

http://www.itefix.no/i2/forum/41

--
Matt