character set for Windows?

MW rsync at urmel.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 18:19:43 GMT 2008

Hi Steve - I posted a similar question a few days ago as I was getting
warnings like:

28/11/2008 15:47:16 mdworker[1065] (Warning) Import: Bad path:/Volumes/
backup_hd/Backups/xxxxxxxx-4.local/Profiles/XXXXXXXX/daily.0/Start
Menu/current/$my/Sudtirol/S�dtirol.xls

In this path the file name "Südtirol.xls" (with u umlaut) has its
umlaut replaced by "�" (black diamond with a question mark). I added
comments in brackets as I'm not sure how these characters will print
on other peoples screens.

I'm very interested in the outcome of this issue.

Cheers
Michael