rsync daemon troubleshooting

chuang liu chliu at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 18 03:41:27 GMT 2007

It rans after I added --port in the command line as follows:

> rsync -v -v --daemon --config=rsyncd.conf --port=5550

I already have "port=5550" in the rsyncd.conf. It looks like I still need
to add "--port=5550" in the command line. Is this a known issue with rsync
or do I miss anything? I am running rsync version 2.6.3.

Also, I got a error message when I tried to check in a file

> rsync rsyncd.conf rsync://deb-004:5550/ftp/random2.conf
@ERROR: max connections (4) reached - try again later

I am confused because I only check in one file. If I remove the "max
connections" from rsyncd.conf, everything works fine. Any hint for this
problem, please? Thanks.

best regards

Chuang