rsync error

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 19:35:40 GMT 2007

On 10/7/07, Stephen Zemlicka <stevezemlicka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting the attached error suddenly.  I am using deltacopy for the ease
> of setup and e-mail notifications.  It is from a local disk to a USB drive.
> I believe it's using rsync 2.6.6

> Executing: rsync.exe  -v -rlt --delete "/cygdrive/C/Documents and Settings/User/Local Settings/Application Data/Identities/{DFF16927-88E6-4EAA-A097-460B7E65289B}/Microsoft/Outlook Express/" "localhost::Backup/Outlook Express/"

> rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes: phase "unknown" [sender]: Connection reset by peer (104)
>
> rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/io.c(584)

Something is interfering with the connection between the rsync client
and the DeltaCopy-managed daemon to which it is pushing files, even
though the daemon is on localhost.  Here are some things you could try
to get more information about what is causing the problem:

(1) Run rsync at -vvv verbosity level.
(2) Check the daemon's log file for any relevant messages.
(3) Run the rsync client directly at the command line instead of
through DeltaCopy.  Perhaps strace rsync to see exactly what happens
before the failure.

Matt