(no subject)

Fri Oct 5 17:32:06 GMT 2007

Frank Thomas, on 10/4/2007 3:57 PM, said the following:
> it would be nice to have rsync to be intelligent enough to recognize
> a name change but not an inode change on the source.

Seems to me the best way to accomplish this is to be sure that the
parent directory is not a directory that someone can rename... ie, when
I rsync our home directories, there is no danger of anyone ever renaming
the 'home' directory...

So, just put the top level directories that *can* be renamed by the
users into a parent directory that they can *not* rename, and use that
for the root for your rsync...

Or maybe I'm missing something?

--

Best regards,