cygwin rsync windows to windows ACL problem

havoc havoc at havoc.org
Mon Oct 1 14:59:04 GMT 2007

I am having problems using rsync on cygwin to properly copy the
ownership of files from windows to windows.
I am running: rsync -avPA //src_addr/some/path /local/dst/path/

Based on:
http://www.mail-archive.com/rsync@lists.samba.org/msg18920.html
and:
http://www.nabble.com/Re:-I-need-rsync-+-acl-support-for-windows--t2462647.html

ENV: CYGWIN=ntsec tty
I am running this on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 (a DC), the SRC is
a Windows XP SP2 domain member.
I have tried patching the cygwin rsync source to enable ACL support,
and had this confirmed by rsync --version
This didn't work so I got rsync-acl-2.6.9.tar.bz2 from:
http://mattmccutchen.net/myrsync/
and configured with --enable-acl-support
This still does not work.  Is what I am trying to do not possible,
or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks for any input.

--

   - havoc