rsync when user's home dir is not in /home

Juanga at Cibal juanga at cibal.es
Wed Nov 28 20:26:43 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm syincing i.e. /var/lib/mysql with no problems at all on 2.6.9 and
now in 3.0.0pre5, with no password between trusted hosts.

Try this nice tutorial for paswordless ssh/rsync to deeply understand
this issue, it's listed on "documentation" on the official rsync website:

http://troy.jdmz.net/rsync/index.html

Regards,

Juan