using rsync 3.0.0 CVS version

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun Jan 21 15:38:11 GMT 2007

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 08:23:25AM -0500, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> I had a similar problem, and Wayne is in the process of fixing it.
> Right now he's waiting for me to provide backtraces for the hung
> processes, which I will do very soon.

Another thing you can do in the debugger when attached to the generator
is to output a summary of the file-list info:

p *first_flist
p *first_flist->next
p *first_flist->next->next

I'm thinking that I will add a debug-output signal handler, probably
listening on SIGALRM.  This will let the user kill -14 any rsync 3.0.0
process to have it mention its role and some debug info.