Rsync Permission Issues

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Fri Feb 16 19:52:15 GMT 2007

> What's the ls -la output on the directory where rsync quits??

# ls -la /mnt/Masada1/dansguardian/lists/blacklists
total 6
drw-r--r--  2 masada  bkupagent   512 Nov 28 22:25 .
drwxr-xr-x  9 masada  bkupagent  2560 Feb 16 10:00 ..

>I've used
> rsync many levels deep, and have never heard of this issue. I do notice
> you're using FreeNAS, could it be an issue with that??

That is possible. I have searched their lists as well and turned up
nothing except some seemingly unrelated permissions issues. I would
think that since the setup works ok 2 or 3 levels it should work on n
levels ok as well. The error does show up in the rsync log on the
FreeNAS server.

>What's the entire
> rsync command you're using.

 rsync --verbose --progress --stats --compress --recursive --times
--links "/etc/dansguardian" "masada at 192.168.0.75::Masada1"

Note: I have no password set for this user account in an attempt to
reduce the variables in this problem.

Thanks for the help Mark.

Chris

--