Is cp then mv the default?

Tang, Clayton (Yiqi) yiqi.tang at lehman.com
Tue Dec 18 16:02:53 GMT 2007

Nevermind, I was able to find a large file and observe the rsync
progress. It turns out rsync makes a remote file in the target directory
with "." + original_file_name + some random letter as filename. Once the
file is complete, rsync does a mv command.

Regards,
Clayton
--
Clayton (Yiqi) Tang, LMX / Autotrader Production Management
212-526-7493, 745-7th Ave, New York, NY 10019

--------
IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:
Please be advised that any discussion of U.S. tax matters contained within this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of (i) avoiding U.S. tax related penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.