need a rsync patch..!

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 15:16:13 GMT 2007

On 8/8/07, Steven Hartland <killing at multiplay.co.uk> wrote:
> Bad suggestion rsync under cygwin is pretty much a none starter fails a good 90%
> of the time due to issues with pipes and ssh under cygwin. The interix version on
> the other hand is solid with the exception of only supporting 2GB max single file
> size.

I originally recommended Cygwin because it is free software and
appears to be more popular.  However, after seeing another example of
Cygwin's pipe hanginess, I am starting to agree with you.  I wonder if
the Cygwin people ever intend to fix the hanginess for good; has
anyone bothered them about it recently?

Matt