Rsync stops randomly (using vanished files bash script)

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Sat Aug 25 13:27:26 GMT 2007

On 8/23/07, Samuel Vogel <samy-delux at gmx.de> wrote:
> I've been trying to transfer about 90GB from one Server to another using
> rsync. But rsync stops randomly. I use the bash script provided in a bug
> report, to block errors about vanished files!

I wonder if this is the same problem that caused rsync to quit with
the message about exit code 20.  Is the disk almost full, or is there
a quota or file-size resource limit that might be preventing rsync
from writing to the log?  Does rsync work correctly if you call it
directly without the rsync-no-vanished script?

Matt