Sven.Hartrumpf at FernUni-Hagen.de Sven.Hartrumpf at FernUni-Hagen.de
Sun Aug 12 09:58:12 GMT 2007

Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:25:10 +0200, rekrutacja119 wrote:

> Matt McCutchen wrote:
> > On 8/4/07, Rekrutacja <rekrutacja119 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> i'm trying to use latest CVS rsync, but i'm getting these errors:
> >>
> >> *** glibc detected *** rsync: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer:
> >> 0x0d757d58 ***
> >
> > This looks like the same problem Sven Hartrumpf recently encountered
> > and described in this thread:
> >
> > http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2007-August/018197.html
> >
> > Now that Sven has provided a useful backtrace for the generator, the
> > ball is in Wayne's court to figure out what is causing the problem.
> >
> > Matt
> >

> is there any chance that it's fixed or where i can see a progress changelog?

I have found a work-around for me:
I excluded the problematic directory; the problem seems to be related
to file names with special (or many?) characters.
I will try to isolate the problem during the next days.
Maybe it is easier for you to find the problematic file names in your case?

Ciao
Sven