Incremental file-list recursion has landed in CVS; Re: RSYNC + iNotify

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 20:20:18 GMT 2007

On 8/6/07, Buck Huppmann <buckh at pobox.com> wrote:
> sorry to drag the other guys into this; they may no longer be interest-
> ed. for my part, getting rsync hacked up to fit into a tool-chain to
> suit my bidding was about as much ambition as i had. setting up this
> frep thing seems like Real Work, but i'll certainly bear it in mind

I went ahead and wrote my own continuous replication/mirroring script
called "continusync".  It is posted at:

http://www.kepreon.com/~matt/utils/#continusync

Currently, it appears to work correctly (I tested it locally and
remotely) but is very inefficient: it runs rsync once per event.  You
might like to use it or improve it.

Matt