--append option description in manpage confusing

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Aug 1 22:48:07 GMT 2007

Firstly, thanks for the patches.  I've checked in my slightly tweaked
versions into CVS.

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 04:02:03PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> The text in the description of the --append option may lead one to
> believe that files that are shorter on the receiving side won't be
> updated, due to the following text:

That is true as long as you meant to say sending side instead of
receiving side.  Files that are shorter on the _sending side_ are
indeed skipped.  There was a bug where files with an identical
size were getting updated, and I've just checked in a fix for that.