HTTP encapsulated rsync??

Aaron W Morris aaronwmorris at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:00:43 GMT 2007

On 4/17/07, Robert Denton <robert at headsprout.com> wrote:
> Do you mean for example..  Instead of running rsync on port 80, have
> rsync listen for requests on 873 as usual, but also have squid
> running on the same server listening for port 80 connections, and
> then just configure squid to send all port 80 traffic to 873?
>
> Robert

I was thinking more along the lines of creating a proxy for all of
your rsync requests.

You would not necessarily have to do any special configuration to
squid (except allow CONNECT with port 873, something I know has to be
done with mod_proxy), it should route the request itself.  Apache with
mod_proxy would work as well.

--
Aaron W Morris (decep)