skipping growing files?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Oct 26 18:38:11 GMT 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 02:20:50PM -0400, John P. Speno wrote:
> Does rsync skip the currently uploading files of other rsyncs by
> default? Or should I do it via an exclude pattern?

You can either add an exclude, which will be easy to do if you don't
have any other dot files (e.g. --exclude='.*').  The other option is
to use the --temp-dir option to have rsync put its temporary files in
a directory outside the transfer directory (choose a temp dir on the
same filesystem, though, so that it will be renamed atomically).