New implementation and Rsync3

Arjen Nienhuis a.g.nienhuis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 10:06:43 GMT 2006

Two things:

1) New implementation

I started to develop an implementation (not a wrapper) of the rsync
"protocol". Its purpose is to create a version that can run on windows
without cygwin and to create an API for building a GUI. The method to
get there is to create a platform independent version in python.

For that to work I need a specification of the protocol. I started to
reverse engineer it from the source code. Now I want to document it as
well.

I need someone from the rsync people to review the protocol
specification. Is someone interested in doing that?

What is the correct style/format to document a protocol like rsync?

2) Rsync3

I found a document for some plans for Rsync3. Are there any plans for
implementing that?