tcl/tk rsync wrapper planned

rsync-mail-gateway at nasbackup.com rsync-mail-gateway at nasbackup.com
Sat Oct 21 14:50:41 GMT 2006

> we did some research and we would like to try to write a Tcl/Tk wrapper
> around rsync.
>
> Tcl/Tk -
>
> - is easy to write
> - has nice GUI library
> - is cross platform
> - has several installers
>
> Would somebody be interested to participate?
>
> Our goal is -
>
> To have a small Windows XP and OS X backup applications that allow the
> user to select a folder which is sent to a remote server.
>
> Incremental difference is kept (or other, optional).

NasBackup http://www.nasbackup.com is doing this already. It base on perl/TK.  It only support MS-Windows.  But because it base on open standards it will be easy to make it compatible with other OS. Is open source so you can expand it.

Read this topic online here:

Sent using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com).
http://forums.nasbackup.com/viewtopic.php?p=4149#4149