Xattr on FreeBSD ... Good Luck ?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Nov 4 00:41:07 GMT 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 03:14:29AM +0100, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
> That is: don't copy the system namespace at all

That's what my current patch does -- it discards any system namespace
attributes.  If the receiver is not running as root (or with --super)
then we only try to set user attributes.  This allows, for instance,
the security namespace to be synchronized when running as root

When running as a system that only has a user namespace, we store other
namespaces in our "rsync." hierarchy.  When running as fake-root, we
do the same thing.

So, I think the current code has a good solution for what it should do
with the various namespaces, OS types, and options.