Problem with renaming a file

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed May 24 16:11:30 GMT 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 12:39:27AM -0700, Rajesh Prabhu wrote:
> as you've suggested i tried modifying the value of thisname in flist.c...
> But this returns an error stating that some files have vanished

Oops.  I tried to just pick an easy spot to tweak, but that is too early
in the scheme of things to work right.

The best spot to manipulate the name that will get sent to the other
side is in the send_file_entry() function in flist.c, right after the
call to f_name(file, fname) puts the name into the "fname" buffer.