Rsync via ssh hangs on same file repeatedly

Tony Abernethy tony at servacorp.com
Wed May 10 02:26:04 GMT 2006

Flames invitied if I'm wrong, but I think you're looking at
the last file successfully transferred as opposed to the
first file unsuccessfully transferred.

I think I saw a /var in there
You get something ungodly long trying to rsync the file that is logging the
rsync.
something like
rsync -av --exclude "log/" --exclude "work/" $name
/sdb1/2006-04-01-hostname/
may be in order  (the above is just a "local" copy to a USB drive.

You probably have some timing issues as to whether or not
rsyncing the log file actually works or is an infinite loop.
I'd put watching the grass grow at a higher priority than trying to "fix"
the "problem".