Rsync error on client end: unexpected tag 3 [sender] rsyncerror: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) atio.c(843) [sender]

Anthony Sadler anthonys at faredge.com.au
Thu May 4 00:10:48 GMT 2006

Hi Wayne:

Just letting you know, you were right about that patch; it wasn't installed correctly.

What we had tried was to get it compiled inside of a RPM and install from the RPM. Something went wrong there, we don't know what. After you told us that it had gone wrong, we went and download the nightly build from CVS and compiled that and installed it.

After that, it all worked. Our backups all went through with no problems.

Thank you very much for your effort and for the very short time with which you came back to me with a fix. We had all been a bit uncomfortable with our backups not working :P

Anthony Sadler
Far Edge Technology