Default user when name not defined.

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Mar 13 17:30:41 GMT 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 12:00:05PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> Is there a way to define a default user which is to be used when the
> actual user doesn't exist at the receiving end?

No, there is not at the present.  You're suggesting something like a
"--missing-uid=nobody" option.  Another idea is a way to specify an
offset for numeric IDs, such as "--id-offset=5000".  This would map any
ID < 5000 to ID+5000, and any ID >= 5000 to ID-5000 (assuming that
either --numeric-ids was specified or that no matching name was found).
I think I like the latter idea better than the former.