RSync --compare-dest

Sosin dupa_blada at wp.pl
Thu Jul 13 16:20:25 GMT 2006

Hi,
I have problem with --compare-dest option.
I have backup that copies all files on WINDOWS server to another computer
each Monday. On rest of weekdays I want to compare files between production
data and once backuped on Monday and copy ONLY changed/new files to third
location.

I use syntax:
rsync -av --delete-excluded
--exclude-from=/cygdrive/d/bin/backup/excludes.txt
--compare-dest=/cygdrive/e/backup-monday/ //prodserver/d$/
/cygdrive/f/backup/prodserver/tuesday/

But this is not working. I'm sorry for my lame question, I'm newbie with
RSync :)

Thanks in advance,
Sosin