Options of move files

Matt McCutchen hashproduct at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 00:06:14 GMT 2006

On 7/11/06, Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan <d13warrior at msn.com> wrote:
> Scenario ::
>
> on SRC I  had  A and B dir on the same share.  A dir has 100 files while B
> is empty.
> then rsync to Destination... 100% sucess.
>
> Then all files on A dir has been MOVE to B dir.
> What is the rsync option if i dont want to sync the files on source B dir
> but rather check
> if it the same file with A dir on the destination.

Are you saying
  (1) you want to move the files from A to B on the destination
without having to retransfer them from scratch, or
  (2) you merely want to compare B on the source to A on the destination, or
  (3) something else?

For #1, you can move the files on the destination by hand and follow
up with an rsync to make sure any changes made to the source after the
original move take effect on the destination.  For #2, you can run
   rsync --dry-run --itemize-changes src/B/ dest/A/
to get a list of all the files that have changed between source B and
destination A.

Matt