Rsync 2.6.7pre1 is now available

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Feb 17 17:02:01 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 11:33:42AM +0100, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> The NEWS didn't mention the new functionality allowing to take into
> account renamed files and not retransfer them.
>
> Will it be included in 2.6.7?

No, it didn't quite make it.  My testing of the early patch that I
posted revealed some problems with the algorithm.  Though I fixed them
in the current patch in CVS, I ended up thinking that the algorithm
needed a little more testing and consideration before making it into
the main release.

That said, the patch does seem to be in good shape.  It is available
in the "patches" dir for those that wish to apply it to the code and
give it a try.  My biggest test so far has been in backing up 50,000
items in Maildir format, which allows it to rename messages that have
changed in their flags (and thus changed their filename).