Rsync decides to copy all old files to WinXP based server

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Tue Apr 4 04:12:32 GMT 2006

Hi,
I've been using rsync to create backup copies of all my data files on my
Linux laptop to my Windows XP Home based desktop for about 6 months
now.  Been working as it should, copying only files that changed since
the last backup.  The first backup I ran after the time change to
Daylight Saving Time it wanted to copy all of the files regardless of
the timestamp.  It copied old files that had not changed as well as the
files that had changed.  All of the timestamps on the destination ended
up correctly set after the copy occurred but the appeared to be the same
before the copy began as well.  I am stumped.

I don't know what the system time has to do with it seeing as it is
comparing file timestamps.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Alex

--