File Corruption

Kevin Stussman kevins at solium.com
Mon Sep 12 18:46:03 GMT 2005

> but even this would not do anything to avoid sending a partially-written file that was not yet
> complete (if the data remained unchanged while rsync was reading it).

Good point.,

That's was what I was thinking. A post transfer stat() (md5, crc, etc)
on the source file to help those who are expecting to transfer only
static files diagnose which files were modified during transit. It would
be nice to be able to either retry send (w/ # of retry attempts), fail
outright (retry = 0) or even not delete source file (when
--remove-sent-files is used).

Kevin.