Cygwin: Back up open files?

Ronan Guilfoyle Ronan at ITFocus.ie
Thu Oct 13 13:59:45 GMT 2005

I'm going a little further than that;

The script backs up all open files on the server, but I sync them
directly to a standby server with Exchange installed (services are shut
down to allow me to write to the databases).

The same scripts also transfer SQL databases and general office docs.

My particular Exchange issue is that the Rsync delta transfer does not
seem to find much similatities between copies of the PRIV1.EDB.  These
copies are made a few days apart so there should be minimal data
differences, possibly a few hundred mails but no more.  The Sync seems
to transfer the whole file again (or nearly the whole file).

Regards,

Ronan