Any change of rsync using threads instead of fork?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Nov 29 16:32:35 GMT 2005

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 03:22:23AM +0000, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> Is there any likelihood of changing the rsync code to use threads
> instead of processes?

It would be a fairly large task, so it's not one that I'm planning to
tackle, at least not directly.  Sometime in the future it would be nice
to implement an improved rsync protocol that did not require either a
forked duplicate or an extra thread (I implemented one such a protocol
in a testbed program a while back), but I don't know when I'll finally
get around to that.