--delete reports all files deleted

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Sun May 29 01:57:49 GMT 2005

Using rsync-2.6.3 under Slackware Linux 10.1.

Usually when I issue
rsync -uacHv $SOURCE $TARGET >>/var/log/mirror.log files that are
updated are listed in mirror.log.

Today for the first time I used --delete --force in the line
rsync -uacHv --delete --force $SOURCE $TARGET >>/var/log/mirror.log
it looks like _every_ file has a line in the log that says
"deleting filename".

But it appears that files that exist on the SOURCE are still on the TARGET.

Why are the TARGET files being listed as deleted in my log file?  Is
this correct behavior?  Are the files _actually_ being deleted and then
copied?

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX