files' timestamp handling - bug or design decision?

Eugene Kramer eugene.kramer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 21:15:34 GMT 2005

Nah, "-a" does not work as it implies "--times", which preserves the
timestamps. Always. I wanted to avoid that for the files that have not
changed aside from the attributes. Wayne Davison confirmed that the
combination that I want to do is not possible with rsync right now, so
I'll have to work around it.

Eugene.