Premature optimization in f_name_cmp()?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Mar 14 21:15:18 GMT 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Wayne Davison wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 06:24:15PM +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > Would a current CVS checkout have a fix for this so I can verify this ?
> > Is CVS in proper shape currently ?
>
> Yes, the CVS version (as well as the latest "nightly" tar file) is in
> good shape and has this fix.  I'm considering releasing what's there as
> 2.6.4pre3, so if you'd care to try this out, that would be a nice pre-
> release test for this latest version.

I can confirm that the odd behaviour is fixed with the latest nigthly
build. But there seems to be something wrong with the --fuzzy option
still:

	Starting remote synchronisation.
	dag at xxxxxxxxxxxx's password:
	building file list ...
	241923 files to consider
	rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes received so far) [sender]
	rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(420)

And the --fuzzy option was my main reason to try out the newer rsync. I
thought I'd seen previous mails with the exact same message (and 8 bytes
:)) but can't find them now.

This is perfectly reproducable.

Thanks in advance,